Thursday, January 27, 2011

Way Over Due

Hello all,

When we started this blog, I think we thought we would have more time to actually blog. It has been a crazy 7 months. Our last post showed our precious Liliana moving into our home on June 7th. Well most of you know by now that we officially adopted her on December 9th.Yeah!!!! She is the most amazing baby and our love grows deeper for her every minute. I still look her and can't believe I have a daughter. She has changed so much in the past 7 months as all babies do. She is walking, talking and wrapping everyone in the Carter home around her little finger. She started calling me momma a couple of weeks ago. It is the sweetest sound. She is bonding to our family and we can't get enough of her.

When I look back at the blogs on waiting, which feels like forever ago but then feels like yesterday I so now can see God's handy work. He really has taught us so much through this journey. When you obey His calling He blesses you beyond what you could have ever imagined. My heart is so full of love for this sweet baby girl. She was meant to be a Carter and the Lord planned this long ago. I am so happy we listened and obeyed.

Until now we couldn't post pictures but now she is officially a Carter so we can. I hope to add to this blog when I can. I would like to just share my passion around adoption and answer any questions others might have. It was truly a positive experience for us.

Enjoy the pics.

Sandy

No comments: